Aim: This study was conducted in order to determine the level of use of developing technologies and its effects on family relations. Method: This descriptive study was carried out with 200 patient relatives who applied to clinics of a university hospital. Results: According to the socio-demographic characteristics, 74.5% of participants were living in a nuclear family. They had a habit of watching television about two hours per day. The social networks which were most preferred were Facebook (66.5%) and Whatsapp (56.0%). The 30.5% of the participants stated that their spouses controlled their social networks and that it was mostly because of curiosity (19%). It was found that the family members shared about three or four hours together per day (34.0%) and they had right to watch television mostly at the time when they decided (53.0%). It was found that the number of television negatively affected the fulfillment of the duties of the family members, the use of the social network affected the duties of the family members, the time they shared, and the relation of the father and the child. Conclusion: These habits negatively affected the time when the family spent together. Furthermore, the relationship of father-child was also negatively affected.
Anahtar Kelimeler: Family, Family Relations, Technology